Capricorn Of The Stars

So, it has been one week since the drama began. My family is having an incredibly hard time adjusting to something that always has been, and always will be. They tend to think for some reason this changes everything about me, and who I am. In fact, who I was before, was who I am, and the only difference now is I can be honest about who I date.

There has been much yelling and screaming this past week. My Mom thinks I'm going to burn in hell, and has brought the Church into play. Now however, she has dropped her going to hell argument, and has pretty much asked the Church to stay out of this for now. I have had tried to have a few conversation with her this week, all of them going, " Help me understand it, I just don't!" This is what she is saying, and in all reality I don't even understand being gay. It's not a choice, it just that I like guys to girls. She can't see this, however I hope in time she will come to see it.

Here are a list of some of her theories that have been thrown around this week...

1. I was molested as a child.
2.I am doing this for attention.
3. She thinks I am a supporter of gay rights, and that I just haven't realized you don't have to be gay to support them.
4. It's a phase.
5.I just haven't found the right girl yet.
6. This is my favorite... I am doing it to be cool, because gay is the new black, and its the new thing for the 21 century...

I am emotional drained from this whole week so far. Things are getting better, and the arguments are getting easier to deal with. However I have a long journy ahead of me. I will post more about this, sometime this weekend. I am exhausted...

Cheers,

T

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well at least its getting better for you. I am glad to hear about that and everything. I just hope it all stays that way and gets easier for you to deal with. Feel free to email me or something. tmbutler99@comcast.net Stay in there buddy.
Anonymous said…
"gay is the new black"
omfg, that's so hillarious. but seriously, i'm glad that things are starting to get better, and as soon as she realizes how much fun a gay son can be, she'll realize that it is to her advantage. my mom wasnt too keen on my homosexuality until she realized that having a gay son means that she has her own personal stylist,vip treatment at salons, botique, restaurants my gay friends works at, and she know that she will never be alone... cause come on lets face it... i will never get married.
Anonymous said…
I hope things keep getting better for you. Give people a chance to adjust and treat yourself right. Don't be ashamed and keep the faith in yourself that living a lie is more destructive than all the family drama in the world.
Jester said…
I have been out for 10 years. My parents still have issues.. however, I promise you things will get better.

The problem is not so much that you are gay, though they will harp on about that for a long time. The problem really boils down to their child is not turning out the way that they dreamed or hoped.

I think every parent has to deal with this is some manner or another. Maybe you decide not to go to medical school, or run the family business. Whatever it is your parents would be upset, shamed, and hurt about it.

Be consistent in the way you let them speak about things. Do not let them get away with insulting you, or cutting you down.

You would be better off without them in your life than to allow them to injure you.

Encourage them to join a support group, PFLAG comes to mind, but there are others. I am sure there are gay Mormon groups. Maybe they just need to talk to someone else who has been through it.

Good luck, and keep us informed.

Hugs to you.
Anonymous said…
dO yOu eveR teLl the TruTh?

gO oVer yOuR paSt sTorieS LiKe (4000sq ft HoUse & 6400 sQ ft hOuSe aNd TraIleR pArk + pLus etCetRa)

AnD Ur A liDdle RacIst aBouT JewS aNd BLacKs -

GrOw Up LiDdle BoY

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragedy Has Been Written

Listen To Your Heart