The Tragedy Has Been Written

My fellow readers, bloggers, and whomever reads this. This Tragic chapter of my life is almost over. I am emotionally, and physically drained, and cannot think straight. I am in tears in and out of the day, with a family that doesn't understand. They sway back and forth as if they themselves were wheat stems in the wind.

I was outed Saturday night. How? I do not want to go into detail. However, when I did comeout it was supposed to be planned. This was unexpected and it's killing me inside...

Having a Mormon mother, and family is hard. At first she was understanding of the whole thing. Now, it is as if something has sucked the force of love, and understanding out of her. She is constantly in a state of tears. Asking, " Why have I chosen this for myself?" She believes I am going to burn in hell, and that this choice is her fault. She keeps blaming it on herself, and thinks somewhere in my childhood I was molested...

She goes in and out of these moods, where she is happy for a minute. Then out of the blue, the raging devil within her emerges. I have been told I am not worthy of her love, I am nothing, and worst of all she said, " You Shame Me."

Stunned by these things, I have cried. Constantly I am blaming myself for being so stupid, however I know this is not a choice. I have thrown up, gotten drunk, and have tried to explain to myself this will all pass. However with each passing day it grows worse, and the ridicule from friends and family that goes along with it.

The first time in my life I feel so vulnerable. All of my achievements, and sucess, equals nothing in her eyes anymore. To her I am a walking sin, an abomination sent by Lucifer himself. As much as I pray the pain never seems to ease. When I am not crying, I am sleeping. And when I am not that I am somewhere in Midtown drowing myself in vodka and rum. Pleaing for a glimse of hope beyond the rainbow, however I seemed to have pissed right through my pot of gold.

This pit which I lie in, seems like there is no escape. Asking for help only leaves me with a room full of people that offer no solution to my self shame. While I have known for sometime, and though all would be fine. It is not, and the feeling os isolation has never been so high. Out of all of the world, I have been placed on center stage. To sing in the opera of the gods, and to play the fiddle with the crow.

My brothers are terrified of me, and my friends refuse to speak to me. The gay friends I have seem to have turned their back on me, and the church has found out. The Bishop, Elders, and several people from relief society came overnight. They tried to explain to me it's just a phase. I have strayed from the path, but they can go and fuck themselves for all I care.


I know who, and what I am...There is no changing it, and I would not have it any other way. For some reason I never expected rejection so hard, and this is what hurts the most. I love them, but for now it seems they do not love me. I am gay, yes. I love it, and it is not a choice.

I will write a post in a day or two, when I can think straight. I need sleep loves...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tou are who you are!

No one chooses to be gay or straight, it just happens.

It's not unusual for mothers to go off the deep end when they discover a son is gay. It's part cultural and part being misinformed.

You could ask how you've changed. Are you not the same person as before?

Or you may not feel like arguing.

You could try being hostile in return. Who are they to judge you?

Look online for how others have dealt with your situation.

I wish you peace and courage.
Anonymous said…
My heart goes out to you...many of our gay brothers and sisters have been their ourselves. This too shall pass...I know it's difficult, but try to focus on how free you feel inside, and how till now, no one really knew you at all...Best of luck.
Anonymous said…
Religious parents sometimes have the hardest time reconciling their love with their beliefs. If your mother and family really love you they will come around. If they don't or can't they are ones that need to change, not you. Stay true to your feelings. There are alot of people you do not know who have been through the same thing. There are organizations and people available to help you and your family through this. Give them a call, ask for help. You do not have to go through this alone.
Anonymous said…
I've had friends that are going through or have gone through the same thing that you are now. I am not a very religious person myself, but do work with kids here in Savannah that go through all sorts of problems dealing with their sexuality. I have relayed the message to many and sent them to talk to ordained ministers that are either open or willing to talk to a gay person. Like others before me, you do not have to go through this alone, there are groups you can call that can help out. You are not alone, you can ask many others and I am one who has worked with many youth and I am only 25. I will be there for you buddy. The main thing is not to stray from who you are. Stay true to yourself and ask for help if you need it. There is no shame in asking for help. I will be willing to talk to you if need be.
Anonymous said…
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.
Always remember that the reactions of others even people you love should not make you feel any less proud of who you are. Things might seem terrible now but hold up your head and stay strong. It does get better.
Anonymous said…
Things don't usually go as planned so you just have to roll with it. Your parents reaction probably would have been the same no matter when you did it, but I imagine they will come around. Stay strong - things will come around.
Anonymous said…
to say that this is a turning point in your life is a huge understatement, you could either go back or face the future head on, but whatever you choose, remember that there are people out there that will accept you no matter what.
if you decide that you are not ready to take on the challenges ahead, i will not judge you. even if i'm merely a stranger on your link list, i want you to know that you have my support on whatever it is that you do.
Anonymous said…
this sound pretty bad. But I know it is hard but you have to be strong. You are who you are and thats the bottom line.

DonPato
San Jose
christine said…
Hang in there man, this too shall pass and you will be the better for it. Burning in hell is a crock of shit, God loves all of us!
Be strong and hold your head up, you are going to get through this,
doesn't feel like it right now but you will!

Popular posts from this blog

Listen To Your Heart