My Beloved Widow Of A Sort

I am sorry for not updating. This has been somewhat of a difficult week for me, not dealing with mortality. No, noone died, in a sense. However my companion of 15 years a chocolate coloured Cocker Spaniel has passed away. I came home Sunday after practice to find her on the floor. I rushed her to the animal hospital near by, but it was to late. There was nothing they could do for her. I talked with the vet after I sobbed like a child for an hour. She believed by dog has suffered from a stroke, just like humans do. I didn't know dogs could suffer from a stroke.

It has been very odd for me. My family doesn't seem to have measured the loss. Mainly do to the fact that we all have our own animals, my brother has a Jack Russel, the other has a Ball Python, and my Mom has 2 yorkies. It is strange going to sleep at night, generally Coco was to the right of me under the covers. And Minnie Me, and Gizmo were on the same pillow at the head of the bead. I dunno, I really want another dog...

Someone told me it was just a dog. She just wasn't a dog, I had her since I was 3. I grew up with her, trained her, and did all kinds of stupid shit with her. Hell, on more then one occasion during the damn day I would have conversations with her.

Cheers,

T

Comments

Anonymous said…
The death of a beloved animal companion can be one of life's most traumatic events. And it is not something easily forgotten.

I share in your sadness. They can become such a part of our existence that something like a sacred bond is created.

I'll point you in the direction of a pet loss site at http://www.petloss.com/
At first it may seem a little over the top, but when I posted there about the death of a pet, the kindness of the responses was overwhelming.

Recently a friend sent me a card with a wonderful saying: "It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
Trinity2 said…
I'm sorry about your dog! She wasn't just a dog but a companion!
Naked Boy said…
I saw someone in Miami that looked just like you Tragedy. It was last week. Were you in town? It was at Barnes and Nobel on Miracle Mile.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragedy Has Been Written

Listen To Your Heart