What Will It Be Like In 2020?

My Mom and me this morning were sitting around the table listening to the News. I have not been watching the news lately these last few months, and one reason is it makes me uncomfortable. We were discussing the world issues mainly in Isreal. My Mom says something along the lines of, " Yeah, those Guerillas attacked the Isreal troops..."

I dropped her off at the airport, and then came home. I was sitting in the living room watching the News again, and they came on. They said something similar to, " The Guerillas were hiding in basements, houses, and in trees. They have guns and ads attacking people, and killing them.... so and so..."

Lil Bro looks at me and says, " Why are Gorillas attacking people." He is thinking of Gorillas like the apes. I have been very tense these last few days, and this just made me laugh. He just looked at me. He didn't understand that the Guerillas are actually a rogue and radical faction of a government. I replied, " Guerillas aren't like monkeys, they are bad people. They have bad ideas, and kill and harm people to try and make people do their evil bidding." We chit chatted for a few minutes, and I put things in his terms trying not to scare him.

I have been thinking all day how wonderful it must be to be a child in these troubled times. He has no idea nor do any of my siblings of the events that plague this world. I have faith that in a decade from now things will be much better, and they are young and will glide right through most of it. I however have the fear in my stomach of thinking what it will be like when it's at it worst 5-6 years from now. How high will gas go, how will I pay for college?

The need for me to think in the present has changed. I no longer think in terms of what will tomarrow bring, but more of what can I save in order to prepare. I often find myself staring into the void of space, trying to comprehend everything that goes on in the world. I try to think of new ways to make this transition over the next decade much easier. I try and not to think about the economic struggles I know that are coming. I try not to think about how bad the riots, and plagues on society can be.

I can see the next year of 2 being the same. However after that I can see things starting to get bad, and reaching their peak in 5-6 years. In 10 years I can see things cooled off. But I am in that mode of self preservation type thinking. The need to have a boyfriend, and have the shiny new gadgets, and clothes no longer is in my thinking. I save more money now then anything working harder to get new clients. Because after things in the world have cooled off I want to be able to come out stronger then the ones who weren't prepared. I hate to say it, but that is almost everyone I know.

I just am troubled right now. I have my opinions on things, but I will leave them to myself. The idea of our future scares me. Also I drive a magnum right now, and I think I am going to trade it in for a Toyota Prius. If not then my Mom and me, are going to get it together, and split the tab 50/50. Rising gas prices right now is what really chills me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragedy Has Been Written

Listen To Your Heart