Lets Just Say...

There are moments in everyones life, when something random and unexpected comes to the table that leaves them utterly unable to talk. There have been moments in my life where someone has told me something about them, that was disturbing at first. However after it has sunk in allows me grasp who they are with far better understanding.

Conversation the other night with someone whom I slightly know.

Me: Are you feeling okay?
Him: No, I have been sick all day.
Me: Oh God, dude I am sorry what is wrong?
Him: We're not sure, either it's a bug or my HIV...

After he said that everything else which poured from his mouth seemed to just evaporate into thin hair. I sat there for a minute wondering if I had heard correctly and my reply...

Me: Did you just say you had the three letter disease...?

Besides the fact that I was tripping over my own words this whole time, my whole body got shaky. The pit in my stomach grew three times it's size, and I felt like I was gonna vomit.

Him: Yes, I have been HIV+ since 2001, my old boyfriend gave it to me. The one time we didn't use a condom, and I never knew....

He then left to go out onto the balcony at Outwrite to chat with his friends. This whole time I am sitting there with my mouth hanging half open. I am nervous, and he is sitting there away from his friends. He had that look that says, " OMFG did I tell the wrong person, is everyone gonna find out?"

At first the thoughts running through my mind were as follows!

Am I gonna get it from just touching him?
OMG I smoked the same blunt as him I have it?
OMG I drank from his Coke?
OMG I used his toilet!
OMG I shook his hand....

After about 20 minutes I came back down to reality. All of the mass information I have gathered over the years about HIV has came into play. All the impossible scenarios went out the door, and I was back in reality. I cannot get the disease from any of the following.

After my rational and logical mind kicked back into play I went out to talk to him. I was more concerned with getting him feeling okay. We didn't discuss it, but I think he got the point I won't tell anyone.

I was dating this guys roomate, and he was the one who told me I was smothering him. Well we hung out this week, and got high. Everytime I am around this guys roomate the one with HIV is around. So Although he only smoked once, I think he knows I'm harmless. I won't divulge his secret to the world. Although I still like his roomate even though I am sure he has no interest in me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragedy Has Been Written

Listen To Your Heart