The College Tragedy

Okay, so here is my new problem. However for some basics I will go back just a little bit.

I am a senior in high school, and I will be graduating this Christmas. I will be graduating a whole semester early, because I have worked my ass off. I am a fairly intelligent individual. I school I have never truly applied myself to be all that I could be. I have settled for a A, B average, and I am happy with this. I see school as a requirement to succeed in life, howeverI don't think school is all that. I however have plans to go to college. I however run a small part time business, and I do not have time to go to a regular sit down, and study college. I require my classes to be on my own schedule and not one set by someone else. I do plan on expanding my business while in college, and running it to its full potential when I have graduated. Most people BTW, in the gay community do not know this about me. What I do is mildly embarrassing but the money is excellent. I also will have news articles, income, and expierience when I gradaute. Which, I am hoping will set me years ahead of the pack.

The problem lies, in this... Most guys I meet chuckle at the college I have been accepted to. There is this persona in online universities that it's not " a reall college." They tend to think I am a moron. That I have no real talents, and that it is a joke. I always thought an education was an education no matter where it comes from. While I can see their points, it still to me is college. It will enable me to move around wherever I want, and not be bound by the restriction of a traditional brick and mortar school. I really have had a problem dating people who laugh at this. I mean even the ones who aren't in college laugh at this. To me I am proud of my accomplishments, and I plan on continueing to do so. However, people tend to think of me as a joke with this. It really is starting to bug me, and bring me down. Any advice on how to convey my ideas and beliefs on this to people I date would be appreciated.

Thanks,

T

Comments

Ryan said…
i say hell with what other people say u do what feels good 2 u. thats what i do!
Anonymous said…
Do what is best for you and not others. It is your life. Don't let the insecure or elitist opinions of others sway you in your academic future.
Brown Dawg said…
Don't let anyone laugh at you. I never went to college. I tried the online thing also and it is truely a real college, brick and mortor or not. You will find someone that sees what you are doing is a great thing and accept you for who you are.
Anonymous said…
Now I'm curious about what you do -why is it mildly embarassing?

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragedy Has Been Written

Listen To Your Heart