Has He Fallen As Of Yet?

So, last Saturday I went on a very nice date, with a very sweet guy. Well from what I knew of him at the time a very sweet guy. His parents were out of town, and so I went over and a few other people. He is a recovering alcoholic or so he states.

I end up deciding I want a few shots of vodka, and I take about 2 over a 3 hour period. This is enough to get me tipsy, but I know my limits and when to stop. So about 2 I stopped, and started to sober up. It was about this time his drunk straight friend start trying to get him to taste this awsome beer. He refuses at first and I start to see I think I am liking this guy. Well about 30 minutes passes, and his friend convinces him to taste it. Then he drinks the whole beer.

Time progresses, and then he is in this state of mind, " Oh, I can get drunk and drink every Saturday it will only be once a week for a month." I having read, " Clean: A New Generation In Recovery Speaks Out."( Okay I know it should be underlined, but I'm not sure how to do that in blogger) I decide to play Dr. Phil and try to tell him no, that he is better without alcohol. This and that, and everything I says just goes over his head.

It is in this moment that I go to watch TV. I come back about 20 minutes later, and they are going through Myspace talking about all the hot guys they want to fuck. It was in this instant I realized how much alcohol actually effects people. I have gotten drunk severly once, and I had the hangover from hell. I have since learned my limits, and how to enjoy drinking without getting drunk and loosing control of what I want in life. I don't want to date this guy anymore because he is so tormented by what is inside of him and I saw that. Alcohol really is a way to get at the truth and learn someones true nature.

I ended up leaving at 5 AM. He gave me this very strange look of, " Why, and I'm sorry." I said bye and just left.

I will not contact him ever again. He might be beautiful, but if he wants something from me he can call me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragedy Has Been Written

Listen To Your Heart