The ER

Saturday morning I woke up to the sound of my Mother vomiting her ass off in the bathroom. She was so dehydrated, her skin was so pale, and she could barely stand. I helped her back to bed, and within the hour I had called the amubalance to get her to the hospital. With the chemo, radiation, and other treatments right now her immune system is incredibly weak. She has a severe case of the flu, I have been spending my time with her in the room, while my brothers have been flown to their fathers house in NY. She is incredibly weak and it just hurts me to see her lying there not being able to do a thing. I don't like the feeling of not being in control of the situation 6 months ago if you had asked me if I had control over my domain in life. I would have answered with a big fat yes, but now I see it I don't. She is sleeping right now, IV fluids are keeping her hydrated, and she has a feeding tube in her nose. 6 months ago she started getting sick, and 3 months ago we knew what it was. Cancer in stage 3, and this flu virus she has makes me sick to my stomach to think it could take her life. However they have stabalized her condition at the moment, and she wakes up every few hours to talk, watch the news, but pretty much she is sleeping. With her immune system damaged the doctors are saying it will take her longer to recover from this, but they are hoping to get her home by Thursday.

I have sat in the Chapel everyday since Saturday, and praying to the Rosary.

Cheers Loves,

T

Comments

Naked Boy said…
I am praying for your Mom, too.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragedy Has Been Written

Listen To Your Heart