I'm So Special( NOT)

This morning about 7 AM, I get a call from my gym. They said one of the coaches hurt their leg, and can't coach their normal classes for 3 weeks. Asked if I could fill in for him this morning, and for the next three weeks. I agreed, but only because I love coaching and it pays awsome.

I get there and its the usual 3-6 students per my class and teaching them gymnastics fundamentals. Then around 10 AM another class starts. I wish they had told me I was going to be retrieving a mentally slow child. Coaching them is not a problem, they just require more attention. I was expecting her to have very bad skills, and expecting to spend alot of time with her. My other kids I spotted first, and gave them drills to work on. I go up and say, " Ready?" She replied , " yeah."

She did a double backhandspring tuck. Without me spotting, or counting she just threw it. I stood there amazed, and then she said look again. I watched her get on the tumble mat and throw a round off backhandspring layout forward arabian. For those of you who are wondering what all this means. Basicly this girl has the skills of a level 6 gymnast on floor. Came to found out she has only been doing this 6 months. So lesson for the day....

Don't underestimate special people, she blew me out of the water.

Comments

Anonymous said…
No one here does underestimate them. Only you.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragedy Has Been Written

Listen To Your Heart