They Keep Giving

I was finally able to get in touch with someone this morning.

Backstory- Growing up my Mom kept in touch with her friends from BYU. One of them was an attorny out west. Well I would go with her when she would go out there for business. This man had 2 sons, one a rebel, and another what the Mormon Church would call a blessing sent from god. Eventually my Mom got to the point where she doesn't soeak to this man anymore, nor his family. Except she keeps in touch with someone she was friends with in his office. A few months ago I finally found out that perfect son was gay. He came out after he returned from his Mission. I have spent months trying to get in contact with him.


Present- A few days ago I finally looked on classmates.com. I found his contact information. I emailed him, and asked him how things went with his family.He remembered who I was.

His family kicked him out of the house, they refused to pay for his college. His father sent him to a Mormon turn straight program called Evergreen. It didn't work, so they cut him off completely. He has not spoken to them in three years, and the Mormon church has Ex-communicated him. He is doing well, he figured out a way to finish paying for college at Utah State, I think is where he is at.

The point is Mormons are to closed minded. They give Catholics a run for their money.

Comments

Anonymous said…
that totally sucks... but you can't judge all mormons as closed-minded just because of that. just kuz those people evidently turned out to be jerks, it doesn't make everyone the same way. i'm a mormon and all of my best friends are gay.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragedy Has Been Written

Listen To Your Heart