Lesbians

I am very naive when it comes to this subject, having basicly no expierience in the GLB community.

But there is just something about most lesbians I don't like, and I have one hell of a hard time trying to get along with them. I am not sure what it is, but I think a major part of it is the major butchness. Most of the ones I have been around are incredibly overweight, they have that short spikey hair, and just look like morbidly obese GI Joe Commandos. While there are some pretty Lesbians out there the ones I have encountered in my life so far, just try to be a little bit to manly. I can't stand the deep voices, and the hairy legs, and the thought of them having sex is even more disturbing to me. Plus there is nothing more that scares me then a drunk large Commando Lesbian who's pissed. I've seen a few of these and they scare the shit out of me. Naked Boy a long time ago had a story about him encoutering a drunk lesbian driving a truck he almost got into a fight with, and this just seems to be so many of them. The fact also that so many of them are feminists just makes me even more uncomfortable.

A few months ago before I was dating Greg, we went up to Out Write. Well some lesbians were coming to the door, and not thinking twice I held the door open for them. Well, the first one looked at me and stuck up her nose, and the second looks at me and went, " You know we can handle it ourselves, we aren't helpless debutants." Or something along those lines. I didn't even mean to offend them, this is just the way I was raised.

I also went to camp with a manly lesbian. She was so gross. She would sit there and belch, and she wore these clothes that were to small for her. She would bend over and her you see her gut, and she had a happy trail. These sight of this made me gag. I don't like hair whatso ever, and on cute guys it's hot. On a chunky monkey GI Joe Commando this is not so much. I didn't feel like staring at her stretch marks and happy trail. The amount of hair she had, put me to shave.

To me there is a big line between gay and lesbian culture.Gay men seem to care more about what society thinks of them, when it comes to such things as looks, and social status. We strive for the perfect body, grades, boyfriends, and gizmos. Lesbians on the other end seem to be happy throwing on a tank thats to small, a baggy pair of camos, and some Timberland boots. We spend hours perfectly grooming our physique, and they just don't seem to give a rats ass.

While there are many similarities in our culture like fighting for equal right, and so forth. I just think there are many differences as well, but who am I to say anything. This could just be the part of me whos conservative, or the side of me who doesn't like vagina...

BTW, I get along great with straight girls.

Comments

Naked Boy said…
I was once in a lesbian bar with my friend in Miami and one came up to us and said: "What are you doing here?" And I told her, "Paying the bills" since they never did. They don't buy drinks, they don't tip, they can't keep a lesbian bar open in Miami. They open for a month and are gone cause no one supports them and the guys who do are shunned. Go figure.
Kiss My Mike said…
I'm scared of them too. Everytime I'm near them, I feel like they have some anomisity against gays. Of course I'm not generalizing, I'm only referring to the ones that I saw.
Anonymous said…
When people have been told to hide an element of their personality, masculine or feminine, they come out and openly explore that, and often overdo it. Most gay people equal back out and find balance, others never do. In the same way that boys coming out of the closet act super campy, feeling the need to wear tight pink T's that say, "Shopaholic", or embrace their inner (cheerleader). Lesbians explore the (stereotypical) masculine sides that society would not allow before. Maybe you should try to relate to people before, cause darlin', your shit stinks too---NYC Gay Man--28
Dunkee Hotay said…
This is beyond banal and offensive. Would you ever consider writing the same kind of thing about black people? Or any other minority group? Why gay people, men and women, seem to revel in knocking each other down baffles me. The fight for equal rights is about the right to be ourselves, whoever we are. It's not about everybody liking or being comfortable with one another. How would you respond if you read a straight person share similar sentiments about gay men? You'd be offended, and rightly so. It's just pathetic that you feel comfortable sharing these kinds of sentiments publicly.
Anonymous said…
This post is seriously some screwed-up shit. I have no idea how Best Gay Blogs got it in their heads to feature that excerpt, but I was disgusted at having it interrupt my otherwise pleasant, bigotry-free blog-reading experience.

Perhaps if you knew anything about the history of queer civil rights in this country, you would know enough to thank every lesbian woman you meet for sticking by us gay men, fighting for our rights and freedoms while we continued killing each other with our anonymous fucking in bars and bathhouses. HIV/AIDS was not a problem for the lesbian community, and they could have parted ways with us right then, taking up their own battle for equality and letting us fuck each other to death. But it was lesbian leaders like Virginia Apuzzo who took up our cause and fought with incredible passion for treatment and research on HIV and AIDS. And today our quest for civil rights is carried entirely on the back of lesbian heroes like Elizabeth Birch, Mary Bonauto, Julie Goodrich, Del Martin, and Phyllis Lyon.

So to any of my lesbian sisters who had to read the trash above, I apologize on behalf of my gay brothers. Know that we're not all ignorant. And I thank you deeply for all you've done and all you do to help us bring about a truly equal society.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragedy Has Been Written

Listen To Your Heart